Monday, February 6, 2012

Bailey's Local Foods ordering ends Tuesday at 8:00 pm (Tuesday, February 7th)

This is a reminder that you should place your order before 8:00 pm Tuesday, February 7th for pickup on MONDAY February 13th.
Click http://baileyslocalfoods.ca/ordering to log-in and order.
Items that you have placed in your shopping cart will be ordered on your behalf on Tuesday at 8:00pm. There is no checkout button. If you do not intend to order, please ensure that your shopping cart is empty.

***** Be sure to order enough for 3 weeks! *****

Our pickups this year will be every three weeks or so on Mondays: February 13th, March 5th, April 2nd, April 23rd and May 14th, then weekly on Fridays in June!


From Maryrose:

Hello Folks,

How are you enjoying our barely freezing winter? Rachael and I were chatting a couple of days ago and she mentioned her concern for the maple syrup this year. I wonder what other effect a winter like this will have on our local produce.

Speaking of maple syrup, we tried to make maple taffy (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple_taffy) last week when we actually had some snow! It didn't completely work but it was delicious none the less. That reminds me, I need to replenish my maple syrup. I think I am going to order double so I can try to make the taffy again. Snyder Heritage Farms uses organic production standards (though they are not certified) to bring us Maple Syrup in Light, Amber and Medium grades. It can be found in the 'syrup' section under 'other'.

Believe it or not, I discovered a product I haven't tried before. I make it a point to try as many of our products as possible. I like to know first hand what we are offering. I for the most part am not a big fan of breakfast sausage. I have never ordered it before for that reason. There was a package left behind by Traditional Foods. I decided since there wouldn't be any bacon until the next batch of pork was ready, to give them a try. They were delicious. I am pretty sure they will be a standing item in order going forward. (Rachael's kids agree!)

My son Otis has decided the new nacho cheese flavoured corn chips from McKechnie are his current favourite item. I didn't even get any from the last order. He ate the whole bag. They were a great snack to send in his lunch. We eat a lot of quesadilla's, burritos and fajitas at our house. I don't know what we would do if we couldn't get the whole wheat tortillas from McKechnie. If you haven't tried them before I highly recommend them. We haven't looked back since. Every single product from McKechnie is absolutely amazing.

I am very excited to plant a garden this year. Last year I managed to get all the plants in the ground but that was about it. It became a casualty of my pregnancy. Sarah's Kitchen Gardens has seed starting kits in the plant section for anyone interested in starting their plants from seed. I don't have any windows with the proper exposure to sun. Thank goodness she will be selling seedlings too. Check out her 2012 catalogue here!

Here is a reminder of a couple of specials being offered this pickup:
  • 10% off select preserves from Barrie's Asparagus
  • Nutty Bakers is offering all 5" pies at $2.75 Regularly ($3.25)
We are lucky enough to also have Rounds Beans back on the order form this month. I am not sure if we will be offering them again while we are on our Monday pick up days. For that reason I recommend everyone stock up while they can.

We still have some organic ground beef left. Again I am not sure when we will be getting more from Vibrant Farms, but you can always order a package that fits your freezer to get the best of organic, grass fed beef!

Golden Hearth is back on the order form too. Did you miss them? I know I did. I can't wait to get my hands back on their chocolate croissants. I love popping them in the microwave for 10 seconds. The chocolate becomes all melted and gooey.

Mmm... I am getting hungry writing this email. I think I need to go find a late night snack...
Maryrose and Rachael
Bailey's Local Foods
baileyslocalfoods.ca

Click http://baileyslocalfoods.ca/ordering to log-in and order.

P.S. We can use your fruit boxes, baskets and jars from preserves again if you return them.

Is this your first email from us? Read more at baileyslocalfoods.blogspot.com.

No comments: