Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mexican Grilled Street Corn - Elote aka "Super Corn"

It is finally Sweet Corn on the cob season.  I have been wanting to make this recipe for over a year as I missed making it last year during Sweet Corn Season.




My Son has renamed it "Super Corn"  It is really easy to make and worth the few extra minutes.

Mexican Grilled Street Corn - Elote  aka "Super Corn"

This recipe is really forgiving and can scale up or down easily. I make the full recipe and store the left overs for the next time as we have been having this at least once a week for the last several weeks.

"Super Corn"

  • up to a dozen cobs of corn
  • 1/4 cup of Mayo
  • 1/2 cup of Creme La Vaquita
  • teaspoon of chili powder 
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Crumbled Queso Duro Blando Cheese
  • (may substitute feta - do not add salt)
  • chopped Cilantro
  • Lime wedges
  • Hot Sauce (optional)


Grill the corn. I grill my corn husk on.  I remove the corn and add back to the grill for a few minutes.  I love the caramelizing the grill gives

Mix Mayo and Creme La Vaquita then brush onto the grilled corn.
roll the corn in the crumbled cheese.
Combine the chili powder, salt and pepper and sprinkle onto the corn
add cilantro
serve with the lime wedge.

Here are a few other "Super Corn" Recipes

No comments: