Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bailey's Buying Club Feedback

Hi Neighbours,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to fill this in. It got longer than
is ideal. If you only have time for a few questions, please do the
first 10 and the second to last question about changing the pickup day
from Friday to Wednesday.

The farmers keep asking me how much I'll want of green beans, peas,
tomatoes etc.. so that they know how much to plant for me. I say "I'm
only guessing what the members of my buying club will buy." Estimating
how much you will buy and how much the farmer will harvest will always
be a guessing game. But this feedback form will help me guess a little
more accurately this first year. If I guess more accurately the
farmers we are buying from will more likely have what we are wanting
to buy. Farmers don't grow a lot of extra of anything because they do
not want it to rot in the fields.

I'm excited to be working with Selema and Edward Martin. They have 10
acres in produce (that is a lot of land in veggies and a LOT of work!)
and grow an impressive variety. They also strive to be chemical free.
They will be one of the main farms that I buy from. They just wish I
had talked to them two months earlier BEFORE they planned and planted
for this year. So do I. I didn't know I was going to be running a
buying club two weeks ago!

Thank you for your time,
Nina

No comments: